KW Fire Protection have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Service Manager to continue their career in the Fire industry. They will manage a team of 9 extinguisher technicians and 1 fire alarm engineer around Greater Manchester and surrounding areas. Our main line of work is fire extinguishers however experience in fire alarms, fire doors and fire risk assessments would be an advantage.
We specialise in the supply, install & maintenance of fire extinguishers, fire alarm systems, emergency lighting, fire doors, fire training courses and fire risk assessments.
Successful candidate will have experience of managing service teams and have a background in the maintenance and servicing of these systems with a desire to take the next step in their career. Strong and proven management experience is needed.
- Support Office based Service Admin Team
- Resolving Customer Queries
- Conducting Team Appraisals
- Provision of Risk Assessments and Method statements, where required.
- Key Account Liaison
- Coaching & Team Development. Supporting and coaching Technicians that are underperforming
- Troubleshooting on Site visits
- Day to day management of fire protection technicians, guaranteeing excellent customer service, high quality workmanship.
- Mentoring and motivating engineers to ensure that all Customer’s sites are compliant with the British Standards.
- Developing, performance managing and appraising colleagues, advising senior management of any training or development requirements.
- Team Recruitment
- Auditing workmanship on a regular basis for quality, consistency and customer service.
- Vehicle and tool inspections - reporting any damage / requesting any additional equipment.
- Supervising stock to guarantee optimum stock levels at the branch and on engineer’s vans.
- Overseeing monthly stock takes for the branch and the engineers van stock.
- Implementing new contract management, ensuring team members follow customer’s requirements.
- Arranging monthly branch meetings with Technicians to discuss targets and achievements and encouraging Technicians to contribute any ideas/suggestions for improvement within their role / work environment.
- Company vehicle
- Company mobile and tablet
- Option to join the Work Place Pension Scheme
- Working in a long established and reputable business
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week Monday – Friday
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
- 20 days holiday plus all statutory holidays
- KW Fire Protection is an equal opportunities employer